08 maggio 2011

On 21 April I bought a new bike from the BX.  It is a Cannondale Adventure 4 trekking bike that is good for dirt or gravel roads, has tires with deep tread on them.  It is beautiful, sky blue, a woman’s bike with a step-through frame, is aluminum, has 24 gears grip shift, V brakes, & has a comfortable big saddle.  Bill has put black plastic-coated aluminum, lightweight fenders on my bike today.  They were some that had been sitting in the attic, so a good reuse.  He plans to put a rack on my bike soon.  
On Sunday we all went on the bike trail, my first time with my new bike.  It was a bella day but  warm.  We weren’t gone that long because I didn’t have any clean water or cranberry juice to drink.  The acacia trees were in bloom wafting their sweet perfume  smell throughout the trail & the fields.  A delicious honey is made from the pollen that the bees collect from them.  We could hear the loud hum from the bees, a kind of meditation for us. 







Marilyn, Teddi, Honey, and her new bike on the trail near Giais.

La galleria verde

Marilyn pedaling

Acacia in bloom- che bello profumo! 

Close up acacia bloom


Marilyn and the girls 

Nessun commento: