05 marzo 2006

Siamo bellissime
So, on to plan C: After the girls very important surgeries of 4 November, we decided to keep them downstairs in the hallway. We would let them be off leash, which they love! This entailed us going to the base BX & buying another Top Notch pet gate. I should invest in the stock of this company. Well, we put one gate between the hallway & the kitchen. We put the other gate at the front door.
On the first day, I tripped while hopping over the kitchen gate. The girls looked in awe at my clumsiness. Bill & I decided in the interest of my health & for the welfare of the pups, that we would take down the kitchen gate. The next day, I called Bill, desperate to get out the front door. The pups needed to go out to do their business. I didn't know how to unlatch the Top Notch gate. Bill gave me step by step instructions, "push on this, lift up this, etc." Finally, I was able to lift up the gate, push it to the side, & take the pups outside, one at a time.
As of now, we will stick with plan C. It seems to be the most pleasant way to entertain Honey & Teddi. We can't let them go unsupervised on our Turkish carpets in our living & dining rooms, because they are not house trained. There will be more on this later. Wouldn't it be wonderful if houses were designed for animal lovers? There could be luxurious rooms designed with the pet in mind, to accomodate all of its needs, as well as those of the pet parents. Instead, we must try with all of our wits to pet proof our house.

16 November 05: Plan C is not exactly working out. The girls are not house trained. Bill & I know we must work on a serious method for this. We are back to plan B. In the last week since the surgeries, Teddi has been very sick. Bill took her yesterday AM to see the Dr. We don't know what we would do without him. Teddi had been having diarrhea, & excessive urinating on the floor.
We thought maybe she had an urinary infection. But, the Dr treated her for the diarrhea. He said it is common this time of year, autumn. I don't know why. He gave poor Teddi another shot. Bill said she was brave, as usual, but cried. Dr said the shot had stinging medicine in it. He gave Bill 4 small bags of Hill's Prescription Diet. This is supposed to get Teddi's intestinal tract recalibrated.
Anyway, Teddi seemed to feel better after the Dr's visit. We all took a walk about 3PM or so. Bill remarked "what a remarkable recovery" for Teddi.
Monday night, the 14th: Bill brought out the "petting chair" & put it in the hall. I put Teddi in my lap & brushed her out, for only the 2nd time since we adopted her. In the meantime, Bill petted Honey to keep her from being left out. Teddi is a dream puppy! She loves to be brushed out! The more I brushed her, the more she wanted to be brushed. Darlin, my miniature poodle, 1973-1990, was also like this. I have a wig brush & a dog hair comb which I use. I brush as much of her beautiful hair as I can. Her hair is about 3 to 4 inches long on her back. She has a long ruff of hair under & around her neck. Her hair is dark blond, with black tips on the ends. She has white patches under her neck. She has a long curled tail. She has great big round, dark brown eyes, & a big round black nose. Bill & I tell her that Liza Minnelli wants her dark brown eyeliner back! Her eyes have dark brown rings around them. We also say that Diana Ross wants Teddi's hair, a dog wig. We really are so silly.
I plan to spend more time with Teddi, brushing her. I also want to brush Honey. Honey seems afraid of the brush & comb. I know they can be awfully scary, just the thought of being brushed & beautiful. Honey seems to be more nervous, & less apt to sit still.
More on Honey & Teddi's interaction with each other: The two of them curl up together sometimes when sleeping for the night, or just resting. Honey will curl into a ball on a towel. Teddi curls around her like a spoon. Sometimes, she rests her head on Honey's back. Teddi is not stupid. Why not cuddle with Honey & use her for a soft pillow. It makes sense to me! Sometimes, Teddi's head points in the same direction as Honey's. Other times, it points in the opposite. These ideallic scenes would make a marvelous pet calendar. Perhaps, I could sell the calendars & become rich!
Monday or Tuesday, the 15th: Bill bought some gifts for Teddi. He bought her a brown leather collar, to fit into a halter style collar. Teddi has chewed though about 2 halters, her own & Honey's. Honey is so easy going, she lets Teddi chew on her things. Bill bought a Flexi Comfort 2 gray & black leash. It is meant for a much larger dog, or a Teddi. She has chewed up about 2 leashes. This one cost about $3, cheaper than they used to be.
We are scheduled on Friday the 18th, for our household goods shipment from NM. It has only been 3 months since our goods were packed, 12 August 05. We thought that they were lost. We will see if the pups can use any of Rocky's things.


Nessun commento: